DCMC Tsunami Response
The DC Marine Community initiated a focused stream of meetings to discuss planned and potential responses to the recent Indian Ocean tsunami. These meetings are a first step in improving communication and increasing collaborative tsunami recovery efforts within DC-based organizations. To help catalogue early information, IUCN is hosting a web-based clearing house of tsunami related information, focused mainly on impacts, assessment and recovery of marine and coastal areas. Furthermore, IUCN has created a more formal "Tsunami Response" website with a comprehensive summary of IUCN's response activities (http://www.iucn.org/tsunami)
To be announced
February 10, 2005: Post-tsunami Rapid Assessment of Mangroves
- Report of the meeting (PDF File - 40 KB)
January 28, 2005: Bridging the gap between conservation and aid organizations
- Meeting summary and proposed actions items (PDF File - 49 KB).
- Thoughts from Tundi Agardy (PDF File - 14 KB)
- UNEP Asian Tsunami Disaster Task Force: Situation Report 5, 27 January 2005 (PDF FILE - 695 KB)
- Further information regarding USAID's Global Development Alliance.
- **DRAFT** guidelines for "Incorporating Environment Conservation into Post-tsunami Relief and Development (PDF FILE - 25 KB)" compiled by Connie Chubb
January 21st, 2005: Tsunami response discussion with ICRAN/ICRI members, hosted by Richard Kenchington
- DCMC/ICRAN/ICRI Tsunami Meeting Notes
January 6, 2005: Initial DCMC Tsunami meeting
- DCMC Tsunami Meeting Notes